Welcome to the Jack & Julie Nadel School of Business & Entrepreneurship
The Jack and Julie Nadel School of Business & Entrepreneurship offers opportunities to explore and to prepare for many different types of careers in business. Service organizations, wholesale and manufacturing industries, hospitals, schools, hotels, restaurants, banks and research firms all require personnel with business and management skills. Technological changes, such as computer operations and creative financing, demand that employees have an even broader business background than only few years ago.
The Nadel School offers courses in all facets of business: accounting; business administration; computer applications; finance (both personal and business); information systems; law; management; marketing and real estate. Students may take either individual courses or enroll in a degree or certificate program. Those who are presently employed may combine their learning and working experience by taking work experience classes in their major area of business.
Courses are offered in a variety of formats-semester, summer session, short modules and online -to accommodate student interests and commitments. The following departments are in the Nadel School:
1. Accounting Education
2. Business Administration (includes Business Law, Management and Real Estate)
3. Finance, International Business and Marketing
4. *Computer Applications and Office Management
5. *Computer Information Systems
6. *Professional Development Studies
*These Departments have separate listings in the Catalog
The Nadel School lobby, located on the second floor of the Business & Communications
building offers a student-centric, multipurpose, shared study space for students to utilize while on
Nadel School Mission Statement
Honoring Jack Nadel’s Legacy to:
- Offer excellence in business and entrepreneurship education steeped in practical and real-world application;
- Uphold rigorous academic performance standards and teach to the highest ethical business practices;
- Foster global competence in future thinkers and innovative leaders;
- Inspire students to stretch beyond their own expectations to attain prosperity.
Division: Business Education
Acting Dean: Dr. Alan Price, (805) 965-0581